Sunday, March 30, 2014

Welcome to Aashi's Amazing Album!




Photo by Aashi's mom







My name is Aashi, and I am a third grader in Mrs. Yollis' class. I am so excited to start learning through blogging with you! I welcome everyone to my blog, and I look forward to everyone's participation in sharing knowledge, facts, thoughts, and opinions. I remember my granddad  once told me  "Knowledge when divided (shared) gets multiplied".

 I am a fun-loving person and  my hobbies are singing, dancing, and reading. Lately, my favorite book series are The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner and American Girl by a multitude of authors. My favorite American Girl authors are: Laurence Yep, Valerie Tripp, Megan McDonald, and Kathleen Ernst. I like to read the genres historical fiction and realistic fiction. I usually like to sing along when my favorite songs play at home or in the car. When I'm in a playful mood, I'd usually turn on some songs on my mother's phone and dance to the music. I love to choreograph  dance steps on my own and also with my friends, and I sometimes teach my two-year-old sister dance steps to her favorite songs. I take classes on an Indian classical dance called Kathak. Kathak is one of my favorite dance types, and I do practice Kathak during my free time.






Photo by Aashi





This is my two year old baby sister, Aarna! She is a very sweet, curious, and sometimes naughty baby. Aarna  is very adorable, but sometimes gets a little annoying. Aarna can talk on and on, and to me it feels like forever. My little sister is very helpful to me most of the time. She often acts funny and silly to gain my attention and  tries to act  like me and my mom. Aarna  tries to imitate me as if she is my age. When someone gives her something, she tries her best to divide it between both of us. Many people like to play or talk to Aarna, and I think she's getting very famous.  : P  










http://www.india-travelinfo.com/india-maps/india-map.jpg
Photo courtesy by Google





Most of my family is born in India, and a lot of my extended family including my grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins are spread around different cities of India. Everyone in my family speaks or understands India's national language, Hindi. I visit India almost every year, and I have a lot of fun with my family there. The one way flight trip to India normally takes almost a full day and few hours from here, and so I am always both anxious and excited to travel to India. India has many glorious cities and landmarks to visit. During my last few trips that I remember, I went sightseeing, had a blast at many weddings and wore traditional Indian attires, and visited my cousin's friends.When I go to my grandparent's house and take early morning walks with my grandma, we normally see a lot of peacocks wandering here and there in the gardens. The peacock is the national bird of India.


What are your hobbies?

Do you have family in a different country? 




I hope you enjoy Aashi's Amazing Album!
 

12 comments:

  1. Dear Aashi,

    Wow! I can tell you are going to be a great blogger! I like how you put a picture of India on your blog. It realyl tells a lot about you :-).

    My hobbies are playing sports with friends (specifically football), reading, watching sports and playing in my backyard.

    Thank you for putting my blog, Peter's Plentiful Postings, on your blog list. I did not know that the peacock is the national bird of India! Here are some facts about peacocks;

    Peacocks live in India and Sir Lanka. The peacock is known for it's beautiful feathers. An interesting fact is that the male peacock uses his feathers to attract a mate. I got my facts from World Book Online, Peacocks .

    Good luck!

    Warmly,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Peter,

      Thank you for being the first person to leave a comment on my new blog!

      I did look up the article "peacocks" in World Book Online, and I saw that you were correct. A fact I looked up was that peacocks are also called peafowls or peahens. I also found that the Indian peacock is the most common peacock.

      I think the peacock is a very beautiful and fascinating bird. It is my favorite type of bird.

      What is your favorite type of bird?

      Thanks,
      Aashi

      Delete
    2. Dear Aashi,

      Thank you for commenting back to me! Peacocks can be called peafowl's or peahens. That is also true. I'd have to say that my favorite bird is probably The Seahawk, because I like the Seattle Seahawks. My second favorite is the Bald Eagle. I like the Bald Eagle because it is the national bird of our country.

      To answer Mrs. Yollis' question, I'd probably just try to take a nap, or read a book.


      What would you do on a trip to India?

      Warmly,

      Peter

      Delete
    3. Dear Aashi,

      I've seen peacocks at the LA Zoo, just running free. Did you know that the male peacock is more colorful than the female peacock? There is a reason that the female species of most animals are less colorful than the male of the same species, this is because in nature when the female is nesting or taking care of the babies, they need to blend into the ground.

      Cheers,
      @lec

      Delete
    4. @Peter,

      During the flight, I'd usually play games on my i pad, draw on a piece of paper, watch a movie when I can't fall asleep at night, read a book, or play with Aarna. Here is what Aarna says:

      Dear Peter,

      I either cry, play with Doodle Buddy on Aashi's i pad, play with Aashi, scream, or sleep during the long journey. I like to get our tickets for the flight, but do not admire sitting in the flying airplane for hours.

      Sincerely,
      Aashi and A♣rna

      Delete
  2. Dear Aashi,

    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I know that you are going to be a great role model for everyone!

    I love the colors that you have chosen for your template. Very lively and beautiful!

    You have added some excellent elements to your welcome post. The photos that you have chosen are perfect for the Internet. They tell a story, yet don't reveal too much personal information. Well done!

    It is interesting that the peacock is the national bird of India. There are lots of them here in America. If you search peacock on our 365, I think I included a photo. Here is a fun fact about peacocks. My maiden name is Pfau. In German, that means a female peacock!

    How do you fill your time on the flights to India?

    Your proud teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Mrs. Yollis,

      Thank you for leaving a glorious comment on my blog!

      I also like the background template I have chosen because I like to dance, and the swirly abstract figures on this template look like they are dancing.

      It is so interesting that your maiden name is Pfau, and in German that means a peahen! I fancy the peacock because it is a very vibrant and pretty bird.

      During the long flight to India, I read, played with Aarna, watched movies on the screen the airline produced, and I dozed off to sleep. Sometimes it is hard for me to relax while Aarna is crying and screaming because she is anxious, scared, and she doesn't like the ear pressure since it hurts her ears.

      What is the longest flight trip you've been on?

      Sincerely,
      Aashi

      Delete
    2. @ Aashi,

      I love how you are commenting back to your readers. That is the sign of a topnotch blogger!

      You asked about my longest flight. Back in the 1990s (in the 20th century) I flew to Paris, France. I left from Los Angeles (LAX) and flew about five hours to New York. From there, I flew to Paris. I think it was seven or eight hours. The flight left at night, so I slept through the flight!

      I have a time question. When it is noon here in Los Angles, what time is in in India where your relatives live?

      Your proud teacher,
      Mrs. Y♥llis

      Delete
  3. Dear Aashi,

    I love peacocks for there color. I did not know the peacock is the state bird! Did you know that the state bird in Poland is the bald eagle! I do have all my family in Poland

    From,
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Aashi,

    I love how you positioned your hands in the first photo when you were dancing. In the same image, on your feet it looked like there were little bells attached to your pants. If I am wrong, what were they?

    Awwww.... Aarna looks adorable when she plays "Dress-Up"! It looks like Aarna was trying to be a beautiful princess with a rose and a mirror in her hand. :-D In that photo, which celebrity was Aarna trying to dress up as?

    Yes, most of my family is in China. All of my ancestors, even the ones who passed away a long time ago, were born in China. My mom says that because if you looked at me, I look nothing like an American, even though I was born in California. Where were most of your family born?

    I won't tell you my hobbies, but here is a link to my welcome post which tells all about me:

    Heather's Perfect Post: Welcome!

    I like the the male peacock better because the male peacocks have more beautiful feathers. That is because they need to attract the females to mate them. The females have ugly brown feathers. In Hawaii, my dad found a male peacock. The peacock plucked its feathers and it dropped one of its glorious feathers. When we got home, I hung it up on my bulletin board. It's pretty obvious, but do you like the male peacock better or the female peacock better? Do you have a peacock feather? If so, where did you get it?

    Sincerely,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Aashi,

    I think your sister, Aarna, is so so cute! Aarna always acts super funny when I see her at Variety Show. I remember when you and Aarna came to my house for Valentine's Day! I think it is funny when she says my name like Syd-ney.

    I am happy that you finally got your own blog. Someday your blog will be just like Mrs. Yollis' classroom blog. You are such a wonderful blogger, and everyone loves the comments you leave. I still remember that comment you left to my dog on Santa Paws!

    Your Friend,
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Aashi,
    Great start, very nicely written! I am amazed by the way you have introduced yourself and your little sister Aarna. It is really impressive that you have started reading and writing and picked them as your hobby at this age! This will help you in improving your communication skills and general knowledge. I would encourage you to read more about history, current affairs and add them in your list of your readings, this would boost your knowledge significantly. Enjoy writing your blogs! I wish you all the best and success for all your future endeavors!

    Love,
    Ronak (Aashi's uncle)

    ReplyDelete